There are some days where you just don’t want to get out of bed to work. Or you might be at work, and you just can’t take it anymore. No matter how much you love your career, there are just days that you will want off. But, you are going to have to think of a pretty good excuse to get out of work. You want to have an excuse that is believable enough that people won’t question you. If you are going to use these excuses, make sure that you use them sparingly.
1. My roommates (kids) are locked outside. This is a great excuse that will get you out of work. It’s so unfortunate that you are the only one of your roommates that has a key. What a shame. Looks like you have to go bail them out!
2. The gas company has to check my meter, and it’s the only time that they can come. Who is going to argue with you and your gas company? Just make sure that when the real gas company comes, you don’t use the same excuse. Your boss will be on to you!
3. My kid has a rash, and I have to take him to the doctor. If you need a quick getaway from the office, you can use this one and be out in a jiffy. You might even be able to buy yourself a couple more days if the rash is “infectious”.
4. I’m serving jury duty. This can easily be an easy way to get yourself a week off of work. Isn’t it your civic duty to serve on the jury? Plus, you won’t really have to verify your story because you will be able to ask to keep the details of the case to yourself.
5. I have to pick up my mother up from the airport. Moms are always good for excuses. Aren’t they? If you want an afternoon off, this is a great excuse to use. Just make sure you aren’t caught off guard when your boss asks you about your mom that came to town.
6. I’m having my eyes checked, and they are going to get dilated. This is a great excuse if you don’t want to go back to work. No one is going to see you, and you can relax at home.
7. I’m testifying in court. If you are a witness, there is no way that you can’t testify. It’s a good way to get out of the office for an afternoon (or even two)!