Decorating your child’s room can be fun, especially if you have chosen a theme. Whether you have chosen butterflies, cowboys, or a sports theme for your child, it can be easily incorporated into every aspect of the décor, including the lighting. Listed below are 10 ways that you can incorporate lighting into the theme that you have chosen for your child’s room. How will you choose to illuminate your child’s space?
- Themed lamp shades. A cute way to add in your child’s theme is to get an artist to decorate a lamp shade that will work perfectly in the space. An inexpensive lamp shade can become a masterpiece. Another advantage to having this done is that the lamp shade will be truly unique and one of a kind.
- Themed lamps. If you don’t want to design a lamp shade in the theme of your child’s room, search for a lamp base that will work perfectly in the space. Lamp bases are available in countless shapes, sizes, colors, and can even boast animals, butterflies, or any other thing that you can imagine. Themed lamps are perhaps the easiest and most convenient way to add a unique touch the lighting and the space.
- Night lights. Night lights are an easy, inexpensive way to carry the theme throughout the room. These simple little light fixtures can make a big impression if you choose the right one. Make sure that it matches the theme!
- Figurine lighting. Lighted animals, butterflies, and trains are just a few of the many figurine lights that are available for purchase. These lighted figurines can add a touch of light that flow perfectly with the space. Available in nearly every color, it is a great way to add in your child’s favorite elements to the space. Consider putting one or two figurine lights in the space.
- Light switch covers. Light switch covers are an easy way to add in a unique touch to the space without spending tons of money. Choose a personalized light switch place to help complete the décor of your child’s room. It is a small way to make a big impact. Allow your child to help choose the perfect light cover for his room.
- Projective lighting. Perhaps monkey’s dancing on the ceiling is what your child desires! There are light fixtures available that can project your child’s favorite image onto the ceiling or wall. This is perfect for those sleepless nights or time when you child needs just a little bit of light to make it through the night. Projective lighting makes bringing your child’s décor theme to the next level.
- Under shelve lighting. Under shelve lighting can help illuminate knick knacks, books, or other memoirs that your child loves. They are very easy to install and provide the perfect glow to make the room feel comfortable and relaxing.
- Contemporary fixtures. Many contemporary light fixtures boast geometric shapes that make them perfect for a child’s room. Choosing this type of light fixture will often help you to get more use out of the light over time. You won’t have to worry about changing out the fixtures as the years go own.
- Sky lighting. Adding a sky light to your child’s room can help bring the natural lighting into the space and is also a great way to make a statement. Consider painting themed artwork onto the sky light to add a dramatic touch that can represent the theme of your child’s room perfectly.
- Chandeliers. A little girl’s room will be perfect with a beautiful pink chandelier to help light the space. This is a lighting idea that will also grow with your little princess over time. Choose a beautiful chandelier to match the girly décor of your child’s space.
Listed above are 10 creative ways to add lighting into the theme of your child’s room. With countless lights available to match almost any theme that you choose, even the lighting in your child’s room can be fun and creative! Use the themes to help you find unique ways to add lighting to your child’s space.